The Western Australian Farmers Federation (Inc) (WAFarmers) is the largest and most influential agricultural advocacy group in Western Australia.
WAFarmers represents the voice of farmers throughout Western Australia and is continually working towards a more viable, profitable and sustainable future for the agricultural industry.
In order to represent in the best interests of our members, WAFarmers has 17 zones across WA which are championed by Zone Presidents and Coordinators who work hard to provide WAFarmers with information that comes direct from the farm. This enables our members to express their views at a local level without having to head to the city.
Founded in 1912, WAFarmers boasts a membership of over 3,500 primary production businesses and individual farmers throughout Western Australia and continues to work directly with farmers on issues related to their on-farm business such as:
- Agricultural protection
- Animal health and welfare
- Commodity marketing, promotion and trade
- Environment, land management and climate change
- Farm business, economics and trade
- Grower/producer representation including young farmers
- Industrial relations
- Occupational health and safety
- Property and water rights
- Research, development and biotechnology
- Transport and rural infrastructure
- Education and training